Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Decision 2016: Cleveland!

No, not that decision. I have little interest in debating politics on this blog. I did, however, match into my first-choice residency in Cleveland, Ohio. So I'm packing my bags, boxes, and a gigantic tub of yarn, and heading to Cleveland for the next leg of this journey!

The house is a mess right now, as I frantically try to remain organized and calm while dismantling my childhood bedroom. My parents have hinted that they would like to rent the house out now that we children are leaving, and this means that not a speck of personal material must remain within the confines of the fours walls I've known so well.

The only knitting I did was for a good-bye shawl exchange my knit group and I completed. It's the Darwin Shawl by verybusymonkey, and beautiful, though I did have to rip it out twice. So worth it in the end, though, because I got to make something for someone I love and admire. Note to self: pack the blocking boards. 

More knitting content on the next post. As for now, some pictures from my trip to China last month. Enjoy while I return to my frantic packing. Love!


Making dumplings!

Chinese Holiday traditions.



My grandmother at her sewing machine!

 A traditional Chinese teahouse!

 Lots of liqour. 

OMG dumplings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment