Thursday, April 17, 2014

Tuesday Morning Fabrics

I went to Tuesday morning after the last block exam to cool my head after 3+ hours of examination, and often end up buying to coolest things. My wallet doesn't always thank me, but it is quite fun. This last time, I saw that they had fabrics, what the quilting world calls fat quarters, 7 in a bag for $3.99. This is unbelievably inexpensive, as fat quarters can go for as much as $3-$5 each. I bought one to try it out.

My findings:
The fabrics vary in quality and texture (and size), but they are usable. I am going to use these to improve my quilting/sewing skills. I can cut at least 12 5"x5" squares out of each fat quarter, and I can perfect my half-square triangles using the Jenny Doan technique without sacrificing the good quality, local quilt store bought (i.e. expensive) charm packs that I have been hoarding. I'll let you guys know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment