Monday, April 21, 2014

SSS April Card Kit: Card 3

Hi All,
Here is my third card using the April 2014 Simon Says Stamp Card kit! I've been loving this kit so far, and I haven't even started using the papers yet!
 I had some strips of blue paper left over from my first April card, so I got the idea to have them coming out from behind the card. I stamped the heart image from the stamp set on Neenah Desert Storm using Clearsnap Pigment Frost White, and the sentiment was from Mama Elephant, which I embossed on vellum from the kit. I also added the enamel dots from the kit to hide where the adhesive was going. The vellum does bend a little in the middle because I was trying to add Glossy Accents behind the O of Hello, but there wasn't enough on there. In hindsight, I think I would have added two or three layers, let it dry, and then adhered everything. Or start investing in Kooltak adhesive, which is clear (but since I'm on a spending freeze, I guess I'll just have to be patient with the Glossy Accents!) 

I hope you enjoy (or learn from my mistakes!), 
~Z

No comments:

Post a Comment