So, hopefully this will help me to be more organized and prevent too many UFO (UnFinished Objects) from piling up. Here are my current projects:
1. Quilt Blocks. I just began learning about quilting, and I've made a couple of blocks so far. I'm making them to be 9" blocks. So far, I've completed a nine-patch, and I'm working on a sawtooth star.
2. ScrapBooking: I just started working on scrapbooking, and I've made one layout about the Kid Rock concert I attended and second layout about the various antics I've gotten up to at home. The current planned layouts are:
a. Grandmother's family in the north
b. Walking in Shanghai
c. Beijing Times
3. Knitting: I'm almost finished with my scarves for the Special Olympics, which, unfortunately, are actually already over, but at least now I know to allocate more time next year. I think I'll sew them onto my knitting blanket, which had sadly fallen to the wayside when Olympic fever got the best of me.
4. Embroidery: I have three finished kits, but I have about seven that I meant to start, and a lighthouse design dedicated to my grandfather that still needs outlining. I mean to incorporate some of the kits into a designed quilt, but I think that will have to wait until my quilting skills improve.
5. Stamping/card making: I got so excited about Lawn Fawn stamps and Nicole Magouirk's online lessons that I started making some cards. I have some Lawn Fawn stamps ordered that are in the mail, so I've yet to actually start making them with stamps. I can't wait to try!
I think that is it so far. Whew! There are so many projects going on, but it is a busy, happy time. Hopefully, this is a journey that we will go on together, and perhaps even learn something along the way.